Sunday, May 20, 2007

May 17 necklace


494D
Originally uploaded by 3CatNite.

Here is a piece I struggled through, but am pretty happy with the results. The starting point was the focal pewter branch coral by Green Girl Studios and I am a huge fan of all the things I have bought there (especially the silver mermaid pendant I bought last year).


So of course the theme was oceans and it was a real challenge to use greens, browns and white, instead of my comfortable green, blue and purply ocean colors.


I think I really struggled with the shape of the freeform piece before I even added any embellishments at all - it wasn't behaving so I decided to keep the beading piece small and added "hooks" on either end. My intention was to add some novelty yarns in addition to one beaded strand but when I added the one strand I felt that anything else would distract from the centerpiece.


Other elements used: coin, stick and potato freshwater pearls, Swarovski crystals, lots of Delicas and 11/o beads (my favorite are the clear robin's egg blue with beige lining...yummy!). Also, I bought some teardrop dangle glass beads in a kind of light green/amber AB matte finish - they were perfect for this!



No comments: