Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Necklace for May 29th


497A
Originally uploaded by 3CatNite

Here is the piece I worked on over the weekend. Sometimes I can get into such a nice pace with the freeform stuff and crank out a few pieces in a couple days (Tina has the necklace I made before this one with similar colors, but with a simpler shape).

This features a Lilly Pilly engraved shell pendant I've had for over a year...it;s been waiting for the right project and I wanted to bring together the orange in the 2 carnelian nuggets. I was concerned when I strubg the initial strand because the 2 carnelian pieces were REALLY off-center and I am constantly struggling with things not being symmetrical. I worked on evening out the symmetry right up until the last beads added (the lilac pearls on the right side).

This has more actual peyote stitching than randomly added beads and such, but I like the heaviness of it.


Here is one of my favorite necklaces I made with a Lilly Pilly pendant (Karen from Worcester owns this one...such a nice lady - Hi Karen!)



No comments: